11 June 2016

StyleArc Barb pants, KwikSew 3678 and quilt block

I got yet another pair of StyleArc Barb pants completed.  I think this is my 5th pair now.  These are in a mustard coloured ponte from Spotlight.

I also made a sweatshirt and pants using KwikSew 3678.
I made this using a husky polar fleece from Spotlight.  It is a very warm fleece so should be good when the colder weather arrives.  Though the other day it got to 20C in Auckland, still warm for middle of winter!
The pant legs are all in one piece, so the only seam to join is the inner leg and crotch. The pants have an elastic waist and the pattern has to add a cord, I didn't bother with the cord.  The elastic is enough to hold the pants up, so fastening and unfastening the cord would just annoy me when I need to take a bathroom break.   The pants have back pockets, and the jacket has kangaroo pockets.  The zip sits nicely in a facing so only the teeth show, no tape is visible on this inside of the jacket.

 As I could do most of the sewing on my overlocker it sewed up quite quickly.  Most of the time sewing these was spent on the pockets and facing.

Side and back views:


I've also experimented with another quilt block.  I like this design which is a free design on lilysquilts blog.   

At the moment I just have it set to one side, until I decide what to do with it.  I'm trying making blocks as I really like home made quilts.  The ones I prefer are where the blocks are the same.  This one creates quite an interesting pattern when blocks are joined.  A google search found this image:
Image result for lynne bob square pants

I love how the corner blocks create another smaller square block when they are all joined.  

My concern is that I will get bored making the same block over and over, so I can't decide whether to make one or not.  Plus the cost of material and batting isn't cheap, so before I make those purchases I need to be sure it's something I'll not get fed up and abandon halfway through.

My next project will be another KwikSew jacket in velour.  I've washed the fabric today so should get it sewn later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment