26 December 2015

New Look 6963 Gingham Shirt

My favourite shirt pattern is New Look 6963.  I've made  3 long shirts with sleeves.  I wanted to make a sleeveless version and a shorter length with some red gingham for a nice cool summer shirt.  The gingham was from Spotlight and was $16 for 1.8m x 112cm.  I have a bit of fabric left over.   This was made using view A for the sleeveless version, but C for the length.  You can just see a glimpse here that the armholes are faced with red bias binding.
 
For the first time I tried pattern matching.  It worked!  Side seams, stripes continue across body
 
The top yoke is nearly invisible as the stripes running down match
 
Even the collar and yoke match.
 
I love this and with temperatures in the mid-20's I'll be wearing this a lot over summer.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment